Earth Love Poem
I am the soil where you lay your feet.
The mother who gives you food to eat
All night I turn slowly so you may rest
But lately my friend, I'm not feeling my best
My breath is the wind, my tears the rain
The oceans and streams my blood and veins
The trees and grass are my hair - now receding
The quakes are my stomach, churning and beating
I have chemicals stuck to my rocky bones
The star friends say you have abandoned me alone
For this I can't imagine why
You are a part of me - We live together in the sky
I remember the history you seek to discover
But lately, I feel we are out of touch with one another
The fact is my friend, I can't do this alone
I am tired, ill and too far gone
Help me, my friend, we are made of each other
The Sun knows we can do this together
Inside this card on the top:
Everyone can make their own unique contribution to creating a cleaner, more harmonious planet. There are no set rules. We’re all in this together,
and your contribution is as important as anyone else.
Here are some ideas:
- Start a recycling program at your local school or institution. There are places that actually pay you to collect garbage. Visit www.terracycle.com
- Walk in nature with a child and teach them to connect and appreciate the beauty of our world. Bring gloves and pick garbage at the beach or lakeside.
- Plant a garden, or spread seeds somewhere. Did you know that in Geneva, Switzerland, they grow climbing zucchini on public bridges? Food for all.
- Replace chemical house cleaners with vinegar, baking soda and natural soap.
- Smile at someone today. Smile at yourself in the mirror.
Smile outside. Be the Change You Want to See in This World
Order up to 12 cards for the same flat rate shipping fee of $5.95