Pearl in the Sand ( Ocean Conservation)
Order up to 12 cards for the same flat rate shipping fee of $5.95
Inside this card you will find the following information:
According to National Geographic, There are 10 Ways
to Help Preserve Our Beautiful Ocean.
1. Mind Your Carbon Footprint and Reduce Energy Consumption
Walk when you can, switch to fluorescent light bulbs, take the stairs,
and avoid oversetting your thermostat.
2. Make Safe, Sustainable Seafood Choices
Check the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Guide for a list
3. Use Fewer Plastic Products
Bring in your own bag to the food store. Get a ceramic flask for your coffee
4. Help Take Care of the Beach
Participate in a local beach clean-up
5. Don’t Purchase Items That Exploit Marine Life
Avoid purchasing items such as coral jewelry, tortoise accessories and shark products.
6. Be an Ocean-Friendly Pet Owner
Never flush cat litter, which can contain pathogens harmful to marine life.
7. Support Organizations Working to Protect the Ocean
go to www.marinebio.org for a list
8. Use Green and Natural Cleaning Products and Garden Care
9. Limit Use of Drugs. They end up in the toilet and the water.
10. Educate Yourself About Oceans and Marine Life
Your Contribution Matters. We are All Connected